Primary Objective: To develop and implement a Comprehensive Resiliency Plan for the City of Aransas Pass
- To develop a long-term plan to address coastal resiliency in Aransas Pass,
- To conduct a community-wide outreach campaign to make the community aware of coastal resiliency and get resident input on critical needs.
- To address “low-hanging fruit” actions to increase the City’s CRI score.
The methodology used to reach our desired objectives is the following:
- Establish a coastal resilience team and schedule regular team meetings
- Perform community engagement in various formats
- Literature Review and Comprehensive Resiliency Plans
- Draft Comprehensive Resiliency Plan
- Create Resilience Outreach materials for public consumption
- Present project results to city council
The City of Aransas Pass wants to address resiliency deficiencies found while taking the Coastal Resilience Index assessment and create community buy-in while producing a comprehensive resiliency plan to address those deficiencies. Not only will city employees benefit but all key community stakeholders would benefit from a plan that would guide future hazard planning for the City.