Missy Partyka has joined the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium as the newest member of the Gulf of Mexico Sea Grant oil spill science outreach team. Based in the Auburn University Marine Extension and Research Center in Mobile, Ala., Partyka...Read More
If you lived in coastal Alabama or Mississippi during Hurricane Katrina in 2005, you might recall waking up to the news that the stormâ€™s winds had pushed a tension leg oil/offshore platform (TLP) from where it was moored for repairs and sent it...Read More
The Sea Grant Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Science Outreach Team is looking for an extension specialist to work out of its Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant office in Mobile, Alabama, with significant travel around the Gulf of Mexico and beyond.
When a marine oil spill takes place, the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 provides guidelines for government-funded agencies to respond. To do so, these agencies must keep abreast of the latest research on oil impacts and response techniques to determine...Read More
The Oil Spill Science Outreach Team formed in 2014 so those around the Gulf impacted by the Deepwater Horizon oil spill could get unbiased, peer-reviewed facts about its impacts. After sharing science with thousands via publications, webinars and...Read More
Our oil spill science outreach team hit the road last month with our first regional meeting â€“ this one, in the Great Lakes region. Tara Skelton, our team communicator, and I traveled to Cleveland, Ohio.Read More
- News releases
- Funding Opportunities
- Job opportunities
- Oil Spill
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Gulf of Mexico Research Plan
- Mar 21, 2019Life hack: Helping the environment using one easy tool - you
- Mar 20, 2019Registration now open for summer science experiences
- Mar 16, 2019There’s an app for that?
- Mar 07, 2019Who installs living shoreline projects?
- Mar 07, 2019Apply now for an internship in environmental education at Dauphin Island Sea Lab
- Mar 01, 2019Environmental educators foster awareness in K-12 students
- Feb 21, 2019Make climate change awareness work for your wallet