An Alabama college student gained work experience last summer through a Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium-supported Environmental Education Internship with the Discovery Hall Programs at Dauphin Island Sea Lab. Jordan (JoJo) Brown, a senior...Read More
The Sea Grant John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship is funded through the National Sea Grant Office and administered through individual state Sea Grant programs. Knauss fellows spend a year in marine policy-related positions in the legislative and...Read More
A team of university and government scientists, selected by an expert review panel convened by the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium, will conduct an independent study to estimate the number of red snapper in the U.S. waters of the Gulf of...Read More
The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant administrative office will move Nov. 13 to another building on the Gulf Coast Research Lab campus in Ocean Springs.
We will work out of offices in the Oceanography Building while heating and air-conditioning work...Read More
Two projects in Alabama and Mississippi have been selected for funding through the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Sea Grant Integrated Projects to Increase Aquaculture Production grant competition.
Reginald Blaylock of The...Read More
Volunteers of all ages are encouraged to participate in the 29th annual Mississippi Coastal Cleanup that will be held from 8-11 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017. With 50 sites across Jackson, Harrison and Hancock counties, volunteers will remove tons...Read More
- News releases
- Funding Opportunities
- Job opportunities
- Oil Spill
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Gulf of Mexico Research Plan
- Feb 14, 2019What is ocean literacy?
- Feb 07, 2019New signs to highlight living shorelines around Biloxi
- Feb 05, 2019Comments sought for Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant review
- Feb 01, 2019Getting the most out federally funded research
- Jan 25, 2019Gulf of Mexico Alliance to hold All-Hands meeting at The Lodge
- Jan 17, 2019Recapture red snapper, receive a reward
- Jan 15, 2019Pitch session, networking event to focus on aquaculture innovations