A team of university and government scientists, selected by an expert review panel convened by the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium, will conduct an independent study to estimate the number of red snapper in the U.S. waters of the Gulf of...Read More
The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant administrative office will move Nov. 13 to another building on the Gulf Coast Research Lab campus in Ocean Springs.
We will work out of offices in the Oceanography Building while heating and air-conditioning work...Read More
Two projects in Alabama and Mississippi have been selected for funding through the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Sea Grant Integrated Projects to Increase Aquaculture Production grant competition.
Reginald Blaylock of The...Read More
Volunteers of all ages are encouraged to participate in the 29th annual Mississippi Coastal Cleanup that will be held from 8-11 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017. With 50 sites across Jackson, Harrison and Hancock counties, volunteers will remove tons...Read More
Marcus Drymon has joined the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium as a marine fisheries extension specialist. He also serves as an assistant extension professor at Mississippi State University (MSU).Read More
In an effort to meet the needs of water management decision-makers, The University of Alabama (UA), the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) National Weather Service and NOAA Sea Grant announce that Karen Bareford has been hired...Read More
- News releases
- Oil Spill
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- Funding Opportunities
- Gulf of Mexico Research Plan
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Nov 17, 2017Scientific team selected to conduct independent abundance estimate of red snapper in Gulf of Mexico
- Nov 10, 2017We’re moving (temporarily)
- Nov 09, 2017Lessons from Hurricane Nate for oyster farmers
- Nov 02, 2017Does oil spill response vary by habitat?
- Oct 31, 2017Alabama, Mississippi projects receive funding to advance aquaculture industry
- Oct 27, 2017Tree rings, streamflow records indicate parts of Southeast in 1,000-year drought
- Oct 26, 2017The Dead Zone: A year-round nightmare