Coastal areas are dynamic in nature, which means they are constantly changing. A fitting example of the dynamics of coastlines can be found by looking at historical, but relatively recent, aerial photos...Read More
My name is Amanda Jefferson, and Iâ€™m a new extension associate with Mississippi State University and Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant in Biloxi, Mississippi! I was born and raised in Ellicott City, Maryland, near the port city of Baltimore.Read More
Oyster gardening has been taking place seasonally in Alabama for almost 20 years, but 2017 was the first year for oyster gardening in Mississippi. Through the program, volunteers are supplied with all of the materials to growRead More
The Sea Grant Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Science Outreach Team is looking for an extension specialist to work out of its Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant office in Mobile, Alabama, with significant travel around the Gulf of Mexico and beyond.
For Halloween this year, consider dressing as The Dead Zone. You'll need a costume the size of New Jersey and the ability to suck all the oxygen from around you. You won't be the life of the party, but you'll be pretty scary.Read More
Volunteers of all ages are encouraged to participate in the 29th annual Mississippi Coastal Cleanup that will be held from 8-11 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017. With 50 sites across Jackson, Harrison and Hancock counties, volunteers will remove tons...Read More
- News releases
- Funding Opportunities
- Job opportunities
- Oil Spill
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Gulf of Mexico Research Plan
- Mar 21, 2019Life hack: Helping the environment using one easy tool - you
- Mar 20, 2019Registration now open for summer science experiences
- Mar 16, 2019There’s an app for that?
- Mar 07, 2019Who installs living shoreline projects?
- Mar 07, 2019Apply now for an internship in environmental education at Dauphin Island Sea Lab
- Mar 01, 2019Environmental educators foster awareness in K-12 students
- Feb 21, 2019Make climate change awareness work for your wallet