Have you been too busy to submit an abstract to present at the upcoming Mississippi-Alabama Bays and Bayous Symposium? Well, youâ€™re in luck. Youâ€™ve been given more time to submit one (or two or three).Read More
Registration is now open for the 2016 Mississippi-Alabama Bays and Bayous Symposium. The event will be held Nov. 30-Dec. 1 in Biloxi, Miss., at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center.
The registration fee will be $100 for all...Read More
The organizing committee for the 2016 Mississippi-Alabama Bays and Bayous Symposium has been busy doing the behind-the-scenes work necessary to make the symposium a success. We've been seeking sponsors, setting up the electronic registration site,...Read More
I had the chance to take part in the Hurricane Awareness Tour yesterday at Brookley Field in Mobile. There were three planes on display from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the U.S. Air Force (Hurricane Hunters) and the U.S....Read More
March 2016 marks the start of Sea Grant’s 50th anniversary year. In honor of the 50th anniversary, Sea Grant is organizing a year of outreach efforts to highlight how Sea Grant has successfully been “putting science to work for...Read More
Volunteer registration for the 2015 Mississippi Coastal Cleanup is now open. Groups, families and individuals are invited register online to help pick up trash along the Gulf Coast from 8-11 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 17.
The Mississippi Coastal...Read More
- News releases
- Oil Spill
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- Funding Opportunities
- Gulf of Mexico Research Plan
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Nov 17, 2017Scientific team selected to conduct independent abundance estimate of red snapper in Gulf of Mexico
- Nov 10, 2017We’re moving (temporarily)
- Nov 09, 2017Lessons from Hurricane Nate for oyster farmers
- Nov 02, 2017Does oil spill response vary by habitat?
- Oct 31, 2017Alabama, Mississippi projects receive funding to advance aquaculture industry
- Oct 27, 2017Tree rings, streamflow records indicate parts of Southeast in 1,000-year drought
- Oct 26, 2017The Dead Zone: A year-round nightmare