Professor Chet Rakocinski of The University of Southern Mississippi's Gulf Coast Research Lab invites academic researchers, private consultants, agency personnel and anyone interested in gaining a better understanding of relationships among the...Read More
If you are a fan of the Mississippi Gulf Coastâ€™s scenic views and abundant wildlife, you should consider doing your part to help clean up our beaches and waterways. Become a volunteer at the 28th annual Mississippi Coastal Cleanup on Saturday,...Read More
Suppose the City of Biloxiâ€™s population doubled and you had to determine where to locate new infrastructure and housing to accommodate another 40,000+ people. Thatâ€™s what participants of the Gulf Coast Community Flood Resilience Workshop were...Read More
Have you been too busy to submit an abstract to present at the upcoming Mississippi-Alabama Bays and Bayous Symposium? Well, youâ€™re in luck. Youâ€™ve been given more time to submit one (or two or three).Read More
Registration is now open for the 2016 Mississippi-Alabama Bays and Bayous Symposium. The event will be held Nov. 30-Dec. 1 in Biloxi, Miss., at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center.
The registration fee will be $100 for all...Read More
The organizing committee for the 2016 Mississippi-Alabama Bays and Bayous Symposium has been busy doing the behind-the-scenes work necessary to make the symposium a success. We've been seeking sponsors, setting up the electronic registration site,...Read More
- News releases
- Oil Spill
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- Funding Opportunities
- Gulf of Mexico Research Plan
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Apr 21, 2017Louisiana Sea Grant techniques, equipment to improve Alabama hatcheryâ€™s production of oyster larvae
- Apr 17, 2017Innovative partnership to strengthen local communities against storms, floods
- Apr 12, 2017Dolphins and turtles and oil â€“ oh my!
- Mar 29, 2017We have a green light for oyster gardens in Mississippi
- Mar 24, 2017Planning for economic sustainability
- Mar 16, 2017Would you like to participate in the Community Resilience Index?
- Mar 14, 2017Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant announces red snapper abundance funding opportunity