Terra Bowling has been hired as research counsel at the National Sea Grant Law Center at the University of Mississippi School of Law in Oxford, Miss. In her new position, she will conduct research on ocean, coastal, natural resource and...Read More
Steve Sempier has joined the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium as the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Sea Grant regional coordinator for a Gulf of Mexico marine research planning program.
Sempier will review federal and...Read More
More than 1,050 fourth-graders from 40 Mobile and Baldwin county schools recently took part in the Marine Resources Division of the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources' "Conserving and Enjoying Alabama’s Coastal Resources"...Read More
The Alabama-Mississippi Bays and Bayous Symposium will be held Nov. 28 and Nov. 29 at the Arthur Outlaw Convention Center in Mobile, Ala.
The two-day event will feature scientific presentations on water quality, living resources, habitat...Read More
A new database is giving researchers in Mississippi and Alabama the opportunity to let others learn from their successes and setbacks in the field of habitat conservation and restoration.
The recently launched Mississippi-Alabama Habitat...Read More
DAUPHIN ISLAND, Ala. – Bird watchers on Dauphin Island are more likely to spot migratory birds stopping to rest or nest thanks to a new wildlife viewing area that opened Thursday (Oct. 5).
Dauphin Island Mayor Jeff Collier cut the ribbon on the...Read More
- News releases
- Funding Opportunities
- Job opportunities
- Oil Spill
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Gulf of Mexico Research Plan
- Apr 25, 2018Fish food for thought: Research leads to approval of new ingredient in aquaculture feed
- Apr 25, 2018Report summarizes stakeholder input on Gulf shellfish resources
- Apr 20, 2018AGCRC releases draft Multiyear Implementation Plan for 45-day public comment period
- Apr 20, 2018Hinesley, Jefferson join Sea Grant outreach team
- Apr 20, 2018Scientists determine most precise method for ageing Gulf menhaden
- Apr 19, 2018No Southern hospitality for invasive species
- Apr 12, 2018Registration deadline nears for Alabama oyster farming course