GULF SHORES, Ala. — Joanne McDonough has been hired through a joint project between Auburn University Marine Extension and Research Center and the Alabama Gulf Coast Convention & Visitors Bureau to offer support to existing and new nature-based...Read More
MOBILE, Ala. — Area scientists, business leaders and representatives from state agencies said April 13 that they need higher-resolution satellite images and more accurate information about hurricanes, sea-level change and habitat loss.
About 15...Read More
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has launched a new Web site that offers free online maps of marine debris in the northern Gulf of Mexico.
The site, http://gulfofmexico.marinedebris.noaa.gov/, provides users with maps of...Read More
OXFORD, Miss. — The National Sea Grant Law Center has awarded $550,000 in competitive grants for legal research and outreach projects as part of the center’s 2007 grant competition.
The 11 projects selected for funding address marine issues...Read More
Chris Boyd has joined the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium as a Mississippi State University assistant extension professor.
With Sea Grant support, Boyd will work with coastal resource protection programs and develop an extension program...Read More
Terra Bowling has been hired as research counsel at the National Sea Grant Law Center at the University of Mississippi School of Law in Oxford, Miss. In her new position, she will conduct research on ocean, coastal, natural resource and...Read More
- News releases
- Funding Opportunities
- Job opportunities
- Oil Spill
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Gulf of Mexico Research Plan
- Jan 18, 2018Know more about the commercial fishermen in the Gulf of Mexico states
- Jan 11, 2018Oil spill science outreach team seeks extension specialist
- Jan 11, 20182018: A look ahead
- Jan 09, 2018Brown spends summer as Sea Grant environmental education intern
- Dec 20, 2017Follow these accounts on social media, and be merry
- Dec 14, 2017Project to highlight waterfront oral histories
- Dec 12, 2017MASGC announces fellowship opportunities