Fuel from seafood-processing waste products, population growth’s effects on ecosystems and stronger construction materials for homes are just a few topics of research projects that recently received funding from the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant...Read More
Graduate student Staci Lewis of George Mason University in Virginia has been awarded a Dean John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship.
She will spend the next year working in the Washington D.C. office of Vice Admiral Conrad Lautenbacher, who is the...Read More
Rochelle Renee Plutchak, a graduate student at the University of South Alabama, has been selected as a recipient of the 2008 Dean John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship.
Plutchak will spend one year in the Washington, D.C., area working for the...Read More
The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium is accepting applications for a Gulf of Mexico Coastal Storms Program outreach coordinator.
The CSP outreach coordinator will be responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating a Coastal Storms...Read More
After a year of study, representatives of Auburn University will unveil the results of a Mobile County inventory of working waterfront areas.
The presentation will take place at the Alabama Working Waterfront Coalition’s meeting at 4 p.m., Tuesday,...Read More
The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Legal Program has announced the publication of "Smart Growth," an 18-page document that explores smart-growth planning strategies and analyzes the zoning ordinance in Dauphin Island, Ala.
The publication uses a...Read More
- News releases
- Funding Opportunities
- Job opportunities
- Oil Spill
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Gulf of Mexico Research Plan
- Jan 18, 2018Know more about the commercial fishermen in the Gulf of Mexico states
- Jan 11, 2018Oil spill science outreach team seeks extension specialist
- Jan 11, 20182018: A look ahead
- Jan 09, 2018Brown spends summer as Sea Grant environmental education intern
- Dec 20, 2017Follow these accounts on social media, and be merry
- Dec 14, 2017Project to highlight waterfront oral histories
- Dec 12, 2017MASGC announces fellowship opportunities