The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Legal Program will offer the continuing education course “Recent Developments in Takings Law: A Workshop for Planners” from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 19, at Courtyard by Marriott Gulfport Beachfront, 1600...Read More
Kay Bruening, executive support associate for Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant, retired July 1 after 20 years of service.
Kay started her career with Sea Grant as a part-time publications clerk working from a desk next to the refrigerator in the...
Deborah Jefferson of Gulfport has joined the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium as a temporary executive support associate in the Ocean Springs office at the University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Coast Research Lab.
She will support the...Read More
The Prince William Sound Science Center has selected four high-school students from Mississippi and Alabama to receive Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium scholarships to help them attend the science center’s Ocean Science and Leadership...Read More
Volunteers with the Mississippi Master Naturalist and Master Gardener programs recently took part in a two-day planting of dune grasses on Deer Island. Volunteers were assisted by the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources Coastal Preserves...Read More
Volunteers with the Mississippi Master Naturalist and Master Gardener programs will take part in an educational workshop to learn about the coastal environment and restoration science on May 31 before restoring dune and marsh grass on a quarter acre...Read More
- News releases
- Funding Opportunities
- Job opportunities
- Oil Spill
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Gulf of Mexico Research Plan
- Oct 11, 2018Concern growing over PFAS contamination of drinking water supplies
- Oct 11, 2018AGCRC releases Draft State Expenditure Plan for 45-day public comment period
- Oct 05, 2018Finfish aquaculture permits in the Gulf hit a snag
- Oct 01, 2018Gulf-wide Sea Grant team receives national award for oil spill science outreach efforts
- Sep 29, 2018Journal article highlights best practices of GoMRI outreach
- Sep 27, 2018Finding common ground to enhance community resilience
- Sep 14, 2018Tarpon are known as the majestic “silver king”