The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium is seeking candidates for the 2012 NOAA Coastal Management Fellowship.
This competitive fellowship program matches postgraduate students with state coastal zone programs to work on state-proposed projects that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Coastal Services Center, the fellowship sponsor, has selected. The two-year opportunity offers a competitive salary, medical benefits and travel and relocation expense reimbursement.
The Coastal Management Fellowship was established in 1996 to provide on-the-job education and training opportunities in coastal resource management and policy for postgraduate students and to provide project assistance to state coastal zone management programs.
Fellowships are available with these agencies:
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands Coastal Resources Management Office (Saipan, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands)
- Delaware Coastal Program (Dover, DE)
- Maryland Chesapeake and Coastal Program (Annapolis, MD)
- Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management (Boston, MA)
- San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission (San Francisco, CA)
- Washington State Department of Ecology (Bellevue, WA)
The deadline for applying is Jan. 27. The fellowships begin in August.
For more information, go to http://www.csc.noaa.gov/cms/fellows.html.
If you know of a potential candidate, please contact LaDon Swann, director of the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium, at firstname.lastname@example.org.