The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Legal Program will sponsor “Post-Katrina Insurance Developments and Other Legal Issues,” a continuing legal education (CLE) seminar for Mississippi attorneys and other interested people, from 8:30 a.m. until 4:15 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 30, at the Mississippi State University Coastal Research and Extension Center located at 1815 Popps Ferry Road in Biloxi.
Presenters will discuss the following topics:
- Business income coverage issues arising from Hurricane Katrina
- Insurance impacts to the oil and gas industry
- Katrina-related insurance litigation updates
- Legal issues with the National Flood Insurance Program
- Debris removal, emergency preparedness and federal agency coordination
- Ethical concerns in Post-Katrina housing recovery
Organizers have applied for 6 CLE hours, including one hour of ethics. Participants must register by Oct. 16 to receive the discounted registration rates of $50 for attorneys and $35 for non-attorneys. Visit http://masglp.olemiss.edu/postkatrinaCLE.pdf for a copy of the agenda and registration details. For more information, contact Niki Pace at email@example.com or Waurene Roberson at 662-915-7697.