The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Legal Program, The University of Mississippi and the Center for Continuing Legal Education will present "Wetlands Law and Regulation" from 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., Friday, Aug. 24, at the Mississippi State University...Read More
GULF SHORES, Ala. — Joanne McDonough has been hired through a joint project between Auburn University Marine Extension and Research Center and the Alabama Gulf Coast Convention & Visitors Bureau to offer support to existing and new nature-based...Read More
MOBILE, Ala. — Area scientists, business leaders and representatives from state agencies said April 13 that they need higher-resolution satellite images and more accurate information about hurricanes, sea-level change and habitat loss.
About 15...Read More
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has launched a new Web site that offers free online maps of marine debris in the northern Gulf of Mexico.
The site, http://gulfofmexico.marinedebris.noaa.gov/, provides users with maps of...Read More
OXFORD, Miss. — The National Sea Grant Law Center has awarded $550,000 in competitive grants for legal research and outreach projects as part of the center’s 2007 grant competition.
The 11 projects selected for funding address marine issues...Read More
Chris Boyd has joined the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium as a Mississippi State University assistant extension professor.
With Sea Grant support, Boyd will work with coastal resource protection programs and develop an extension program...Read More
- News releases
- Funding Opportunities
- Job opportunities
- Oil Spill
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Gulf of Mexico Research Plan
- Apr 25, 2018Fish food for thought: Research leads to approval of new ingredient in aquaculture feed
- Apr 25, 2018Report summarizes stakeholder input on Gulf shellfish resources
- Apr 20, 2018AGCRC releases draft Multiyear Implementation Plan for 45-day public comment period
- Apr 20, 2018Hinesley, Jefferson join Sea Grant outreach team
- Apr 20, 2018Scientists determine most precise method for ageing Gulf menhaden
- Apr 19, 2018No Southern hospitality for invasive species
- Apr 12, 2018Registration deadline nears for Alabama oyster farming course