Fuel from seafood-processing waste products, population growth’s effects on ecosystems and stronger construction materials for homes are just a few topics of research projects that recently received funding from the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant...Read More
Graduate student Staci Lewis of George Mason University in Virginia has been awarded a Dean John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship.
She will spend the next year working in the Washington D.C. office of Vice Admiral Conrad Lautenbacher, who is the...Read More
Rochelle Renee Plutchak, a graduate student at the University of South Alabama, has been selected as a recipient of the 2008 Dean John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship.
Plutchak will spend one year in the Washington, D.C., area working for the...Read More
The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium is accepting applications for a Gulf of Mexico Coastal Storms Program outreach coordinator.
The CSP outreach coordinator will be responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating a Coastal Storms...Read More
After a year of study, representatives of Auburn University will unveil the results of a Mobile County inventory of working waterfront areas.
The presentation will take place at the Alabama Working Waterfront Coalition’s meeting at 4 p.m., Tuesday,...Read More
The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Legal Program has announced the publication of "Smart Growth," an 18-page document that explores smart-growth planning strategies and analyzes the zoning ordinance in Dauphin Island, Ala.
The publication uses a...Read More
- News releases
- Funding Opportunities
- Job opportunities
- Oil Spill
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Gulf of Mexico Research Plan
- Apr 20, 2018AGCRC releases draft Multiyear Implementation Plan for 45-day public comment period
- Apr 20, 2018Hinesley, Jefferson join Sea Grant outreach team
- Apr 20, 2018Scientists determine most precise method for ageing Gulf menhaden
- Apr 20, 2018Fish food for thought: Research leads to approval of new ingredient in aquaculture feed
- Apr 19, 2018No Southern hospitality for invasive species
- Apr 12, 2018Registration deadline nears for Alabama oyster farming course
- Apr 12, 2018Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission approves controversial sturgeon aquaculture plan