(OCEAN SPRINGS, Miss.) -- The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium, The University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Coast Research Lab (GCRL) and GCRL’s Marine Education Center are offering Shark Fest, a hands-on family learning adventure Sept....Read More
Taibur Rahman, senior assistant chief for Bangladesh’s Ministry of Planning, will present “Bangladesh: Macro-economic Status and Vulnerability to Climate Change” from 9:30-10:30 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 16, in the Caylor Auditorium at The University of...Read More
The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Legal Program will offer the continuing education course “Recent Developments in Takings Law: A Workshop for Planners” from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 19, at Courtyard by Marriott Gulfport Beachfront, 1600...Read More
Kay Bruening, executive support associate for Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant, retired July 1 after 20 years of service.
Kay started her career with Sea Grant as a part-time publications clerk working from a desk next to the refrigerator in the...
Deborah Jefferson of Gulfport has joined the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium as a temporary executive support associate in the Ocean Springs office at the University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Coast Research Lab.
She will support the...Read More
The Prince William Sound Science Center has selected four high-school students from Mississippi and Alabama to receive Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium scholarships to help them attend the science center’s Ocean Science and Leadership...Read More
- News releases
- Funding Opportunities
- Job opportunities
- Oil Spill
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Gulf of Mexico Research Plan
- Oct 22, 2018Summer workshop equips for aquaculture in education
- Oct 18, 2018NOAA Sea Grant announces $11M in aquaculture research awards
- Oct 11, 2018Concern growing over PFAS contamination of drinking water supplies
- Oct 11, 2018AGCRC releases Draft State Expenditure Plan for 45-day public comment period
- Oct 05, 2018Finfish aquaculture permits in the Gulf hit a snag
- Oct 01, 2018Gulf-wide Sea Grant team receives national award for oil spill science outreach efforts
- Sep 29, 2018Journal article highlights best practices of GoMRI outreach