Taibur Rahman, senior assistant chief for Bangladesh’s Ministry of Planning, will present “Bangladesh: Macro-economic Status and Vulnerability to Climate Change” from 9:30-10:30 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 16, in the Caylor Auditorium at The University of...Read More
The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Legal Program will offer the continuing education course “Recent Developments in Takings Law: A Workshop for Planners” from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 19, at Courtyard by Marriott Gulfport Beachfront, 1600...Read More
Kay Bruening, executive support associate for Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant, retired July 1 after 20 years of service.
Kay started her career with Sea Grant as a part-time publications clerk working from a desk next to the refrigerator in the...
Deborah Jefferson of Gulfport has joined the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium as a temporary executive support associate in the Ocean Springs office at the University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Coast Research Lab.
She will support the...Read More
The Prince William Sound Science Center has selected four high-school students from Mississippi and Alabama to receive Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium scholarships to help them attend the science center’s Ocean Science and Leadership...Read More
Volunteers with the Mississippi Master Naturalist and Master Gardener programs recently took part in a two-day planting of dune grasses on Deer Island. Volunteers were assisted by the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources Coastal Preserves...Read More
- News releases
- Funding Opportunities
- Job opportunities
- Oil Spill
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Gulf of Mexico Research Plan
- Jul 19, 2018Oyster-farming students learn ropes in Mississippi
- Jul 12, 2018How Florida stone crab claw fishing contributes to Gulf regional economy
- Jul 03, 2018Fellowship allows oyster farmers to travel, learn from peers
- Jun 29, 2018Register now for 2018 Coastal Mississippi Master Naturalist course
- Jun 29, 2018Bays and Bayous Symposium committee releases call for abstracts, sessions
- Jun 28, 2018Storms and spills
- Jun 21, 2018Marine debris is a problem; you can help at cleanup events