Kayaking in the icy waters in inner Shoup Bay, taking an exhilarating hike on Worthington Glacier, and encountering all kinds of wildlife, I had truly experienced many of the wonders Alaska had to offer. From a scholarship provided by...Read More
(MOBILE, Ala.) – The Alabama MarketMaker website will go live Oct. 14, offering Alabama fishermen, seafood processors, seafood distributors and farmers a free opportunity to connect with potential customers online.
Alabama MarketMaker uses an...Read More
(OCEAN SPRINGS, Miss.) -- The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium, The University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Coast Research Lab (GCRL) and GCRL’s Marine Education Center are offering Shark Fest, a hands-on family learning adventure Sept....Read More
Taibur Rahman, senior assistant chief for Bangladesh’s Ministry of Planning, will present “Bangladesh: Macro-economic Status and Vulnerability to Climate Change” from 9:30-10:30 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 16, in the Caylor Auditorium at The University of...Read More
The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Legal Program will offer the continuing education course “Recent Developments in Takings Law: A Workshop for Planners” from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 19, at Courtyard by Marriott Gulfport Beachfront, 1600...Read More
Kay Bruening, executive support associate for Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant, retired July 1 after 20 years of service.
Kay started her career with Sea Grant as a part-time publications clerk working from a desk next to the refrigerator in the...
- News releases
- Funding Opportunities
- Job opportunities
- Oil Spill
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Gulf of Mexico Research Plan
- Jan 18, 2018Know more about the commercial fishermen in the Gulf of Mexico states
- Jan 11, 2018Oil spill science outreach team seeks extension specialist
- Jan 11, 20182018: A look ahead
- Jan 09, 2018Brown spends summer as Sea Grant environmental education intern
- Dec 20, 2017Follow these accounts on social media, and be merry
- Dec 14, 2017Project to highlight waterfront oral histories
- Dec 12, 2017MASGC announces fellowship opportunities