A team of university and government scientists, selected by an expert review panel convened by the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium, will conduct an independent study to estimate the number of red snapper in the U.S. waters of the Gulf of...Read More
The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant administrative office will move Nov. 13 to another building on the Gulf Coast Research Lab campus in Ocean Springs.
We will work out of offices in the Oceanography Building while heating and air-conditioning work...Read More
On Oct. 7, 2017, Hurricane Nate made landfall in Louisiana and then a second landfall in the middle of the night on Oct. 8 near Biloxi, Mississippi, bringing in storm surge, rip currents and hurricane-force winds. Hurricane Nate popped up and sped...Read More
When a marine oil spill takes place, the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 provides guidelines for government-funded agencies to respond. To do so, these agencies must keep abreast of the latest research on oil impacts and response techniques to determine...Read More
Two projects in Alabama and Mississippi have been selected for funding through the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Sea Grant Integrated Projects to Increase Aquaculture Production grant competition.
Reginald Blaylock of The...Read More
Two scientists at the University of Alabama have estimated streamflow going back centuries in parts of Alabama, Mississippi and Florida. Through tree ring research and streamflow gauge data, Professors Matthew Therrell and Glenn Tootle found some...Read More
- News releases
- Oil Spill
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- Funding Opportunities
- Gulf of Mexico Research Plan
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Nov 17, 2017Scientific team selected to conduct independent abundance estimate of red snapper in Gulf of Mexico
- Nov 10, 2017We’re moving (temporarily)
- Nov 09, 2017Lessons from Hurricane Nate for oyster farmers
- Nov 02, 2017Does oil spill response vary by habitat?
- Oct 31, 2017Alabama, Mississippi projects receive funding to advance aquaculture industry
- Oct 27, 2017Tree rings, streamflow records indicate parts of Southeast in 1,000-year drought
- Oct 26, 2017The Dead Zone: A year-round nightmare