Have you heard about the pollution catastrophe known as marine debris? Marine debris is defined as any man-made material intentionally or unintentionally disposed of in our marine environment. Examples include trash, single-use plastic products,...Read More
Summer will be here before you know it, so now's the time to register your children for science camps on the Alabama and Mississippi Gulf Coast.
The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium supports education programing at The University of...
One of the jobs of Extension is to solve problems for the community that they serve. In my work with oyster aquaculture, sometimes those are big problems (e.g., water quality, permitting, etc.) but sometimes you notice the small things that add up.Read More
The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium and collaborators are working to demystify living shorelines in an effort to build a robust contractor workforce that can respond to demand and promote these types of projects.Read More
Discovery Hall Programs (DHP) at the Dauphin Island Sea Lab in Dauphin Island, Alabama, has a 10-week summer internship position available for an undergraduate (junior, senior) or recent graduate from groups currently under-represented in marine...Read More
Back in the 1980s, Peanut was a small red-eared slider making her way around somewhere in the wilds of Missouri. At the same time, someone decided it was acceptable to toss a six-pack ring out of a car window. Peanut managed to find it and get...Read More
- News releases
- Funding Opportunities
- Job opportunities
- Oil Spill
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Gulf of Mexico Research Plan
- Mar 21, 2019Life hack: Helping the environment using one easy tool - you
- Mar 20, 2019Registration now open for summer science experiences
- Mar 16, 2019There’s an app for that?
- Mar 07, 2019Who installs living shoreline projects?
- Mar 07, 2019Apply now for an internship in environmental education at Dauphin Island Sea Lab
- Mar 01, 2019Environmental educators foster awareness in K-12 students
- Feb 21, 2019Make climate change awareness work for your wallet